SSGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Your last visit was on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 pm Current date/time is Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm"
Application for SSGS WoT EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 7:36 pm by dotMark

» Members - Request forum access here
Application for SSGS WoT EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 am by Dustwolfy

» Why though?
Application for SSGS WoT EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 12:00 am by lamplight

» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
Application for SSGS WoT EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am by Gates

» Joining the Gents
Application for SSGS WoT EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
Application for SSGS WoT EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» From Men to SSGS
Application for SSGS WoT EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
Application for SSGS WoT EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
Application for SSGS WoT EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Application for SSGS WoT

+13
Tearran
Valefar
thehorn
LOBSTER_MOBSTER
Tea_Time
PrinceofKilts
Erazor
Tsupernami
Gates
gotseoul
Comradenstein
Gryphius
CoNfuSioN
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Application for SSGS WoT Empty Application for SSGS WoT

Post by CoNfuSioN Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:31 pm

Games you're interested in joining SSGS: World of Tanks
In Game Account(s): CoNfuSioN
Previous Clans/Fleets/Ect.: [DT], CORE, TG
Reasons why you left those groups: [DT] Never left, am still the clan founder and leader. We only play Sins of a Solar Empire.
CORE Mostly Euro players, hard to play on the same time zones.
TG After spending literally hours upon hours a night building up my squad, practicing with them, teaching them, and leading them, writing countless AARs, planning training courses/games/etc, and eventually making it to the officer ranks in about a tenth of the time that it takes for a normal player to advance in TG, I started to realize that the upper brass was more concerned with running things the way they saw fit without regarding any of the input from their Division CO or myself, the Division XO. They continually belittled The CO and myself despite the fact that we were only fighting for things that would improve our Division (The CO even frequently traveled on his own dime to major gaming events like E3 to get info from the developers, in order to make our division better) and make the gameplay better for our guys, so myself, The CO, the company commanders, company XOs, and Squad Leaders all resigned in a 24 hour period of time, effectively knee capping their RUSE division. All the players who saw myself and the Division CO resign (the upper brass tried to delete our resignations to keep people from leaving despite the fact that we were 100% civil) followed suit, and as far as I know the division has never rebuilt itself to it's old status.

what is the favorite ship/tank/character/gun/ect. you've played and why:
My favorite tank for it's tier was definitely the T29 in CBT, before the ROF nerf. It was a highly situational monster that let me rack up anywhere from 3-7 kills a game, boatloads of exp and credits. My current favorites are my Lowe and my Easy 8 / T20, although the Easy 8 takes top spot.

If Gates could touch you anywhere, where would you let him touch you:
All depends on what Gates wants it to say on his tombstone.

If you could be an animal, what would you be?
An Eagle.

What's your phone number? Your sign? Can Gates call you about any sexual fantasies that he has about you?
I'm starting to see a trend...

What makes you want to join SSGS?
To be honest, I don't know much about SSGS at all, other than the fact that they are referred to as one of the more competitive clans in the game, are active in Clan Wars, and seem like an interesting bunch of folks. I usually prefer highly selective, competitive environments where my experience as a US Marine (I am currently active duty) can help me succeed. As I stated before, I am active duty USMC, so I understand the need to work together as a cooperative team in order to accomplish the mission.
I've also been told that MLP is "the Top Clan" in the game, so why not apply there? Because I like the idea of a smaller, more elite David knocking Goliath upside the head. Apparently SSGS has those kinds of people, at least from what I've read on the forums about your guy's "from left field" surprising successes.
The "underdog" mentality really sums up both my playstyle and my tank choices as well. I've sort of married myself to the American tanks because they're all wacky, situational tanks that don't have the imposing armor of the Russian tanks or the Sniper Rifles of the German tanks. In order to succeed you need to think outside of the box and be unconventional.
I know that my stats aren't much to look at, I stopped playing WoT after CBT turned into Open Beta and recently came back about a week and some change ago. Since then I've been using my Lowe to help me grind up the American medium line (anyone who knows the American Medium line knows that your "hit percentage" suffers a little bit from their unconventional play style). I'm at the T20 now, and will soon turn my attention to American Heavies, TDs, and Arties. I would like to point out that I had pretty damned good stats and over 3000 games played in the CBT with around another 1000 in the open Beta before leaving WoT.
Well thank you for considering my application, and I hope to hear back from you guys soon.

Best Regards,
CoN

CoNfuSioN

Back to top Go down

Application for SSGS WoT Empty Re: Application for SSGS WoT

Post by Gryphius Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Regardless of the fact that he isn't letting Gates really touch anything without dying, I think this is one of the best apps I've seen. Very well written, +2.

Make sure to join us on our TS, though, as that is the most important part of the application. I'll see you on the field Wink

Gryphius

Back to top Go down

Post by Comradenstein Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 pm

What Gryph said, +2 more. This is amazing. (And yeah, I feel the hit% loss on my American mediums. I do love my Patton... But just as you say, it's completely worth the hit% loss because often one can maneuver into the perfect situation for the situational tanks).
Comradenstein
Comradenstein

http://www.averyhayes.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gotseoul Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:37 pm

You played Ruse? I really enjoyed the game but there was not large enough community for me to stay interested in that game. I didn't know that SSGS had such a reputation. I'm glad people can inform me in our own forums. I happen to live in a cave when it comes to these things.
gotseoul
gotseoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:26 pm

US Border Patrol vs. USMC ... Go!

We only play Sins of a Solar Empire.

Marry me.

As for some of your statements...

Why not apply at MLP? - SSGS is smaller.
Actually, not true. In terms of sheer numbers, we're at right around 200, with about 60-70 truly active. MLP is right around 100 with about 50 truly active. Both clans can field up to 3 teams, although MLP is much more consistent in that regard. In terms of territory and gpd (gold per day) however, MLP holds twice what we do.

The "underdog" mentality really sums up both my playstyle and my tank choices as well.

We're definitely not underdogs. In terms of clan wars, we've got about a 90% actual fight (not including technicals) win rate. We don't walk into battles hoping, or even thinking that we'll win- we go in knowing we will.

In order to succeed you need to think outside of the box and be unconventional.
Actually... Any time we're struggling with a map and need strategic help, we'll simply ask allies what they do to succeed.
Gates
Gates
Admin

http://ssgs.up-your.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsupernami Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah, Gates summed it up. I always will consider us as a small clan, but we really aren't any more. Though we could do with more activity on the forums, I want to meet all the new players, but I can't get on TS frequently enough for the next month and a half Sad
Tsupernami
Tsupernami

Back to top Go down

Post by CoNfuSioN Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Gates wrote:US Border Patrol vs. USMC ... Go!

We only play Sins of a Solar Empire.

Marry me.

As for some of your statements...

Why not apply at MLP? - SSGS is smaller.
Actually, not true. In terms of sheer numbers, we're at right around 200, with about 60-70 truly active. MLP is right around 100 with about 50 truly active. Both clans can field up to 3 teams, although MLP is much more consistent in that regard. In terms of territory and gpd (gold per day) however, MLP holds twice what we do.

The "underdog" mentality really sums up both my playstyle and my tank choices as well.

We're definitely not underdogs. In terms of clan wars, we've got about a 90% actual fight (not including technicals) win rate. We don't walk into battles hoping, or even thinking that we'll win- we go in knowing we will.

In order to succeed you need to think outside of the box and be unconventional.
Actually... Any time we're struggling with a map and need strategic help, we'll simply ask allies what they do to succeed.

Well Gates, I wont hold it against SSGS to have the proper foresight needed to have that kind of confidence before battle. Perhaps I can contribute in the "thinking outside of the box" realm... I'm currently working on medium tank strike tactics that employ close coordination and overlapping support.

In regards to MLP, I also couldn't take them too seriously when i saw that their head of recruiting is JOSEYWALES- I killed that guy way too many times in CBT to take him seriously. Razz

If you're a big SoaSE fan, you can't tell me that you haven't heard of [DT].. we hold, and have held, such a reputation that it's impossible for us to fill a lobby full of people that will play against us if we have clan tags on. People still write about me like I'm some sort of old-man ghost story reaper waiting to come out of hiding.

Thanks all for the kind words, I'll go try to find my mic buried in my closet somewhere and dust off my TS3 account.

-CoN

CoNfuSioN

Back to top Go down

Post by CoNfuSioN Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:50 pm

gotseoul wrote:You played Ruse? I really enjoyed the game but there was not large enough community for me to stay interested in that game. I didn't know that SSGS had such a reputation. I'm glad people can inform me in our own forums. I happen to live in a cave when it comes to these things.

We not only played RUSE, but most of the guys that I trained were in the Top 100 worldwide, myself included, until our little coup de etat in TG. I guess when you take in players that other people think are noobs, teach them the fundamentals of RTS, and they walk away as top 20 worldwide players after your tutelage, they tend to follow you when you revolt against clan leadership (especially when you're trying to make their lives better). Razz

CoNfuSioN

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Ew... Ruse...
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Erazor Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 pm

nice app, decent stats for a new player +1

Erazor

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceofKilts Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:58 am

My question to you is, do you have a good sense of humor? Can you handle us sometimes laughing so hard you can't think straight?
PrinceofKilts
PrinceofKilts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:30 am

PrinceofKilts wrote:Can you handle me always laughing so hard that your ears bleed?

Fixed.
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tea_Time Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:48 am

Gates wrote:
PrinceofKilts wrote:Can you handle me always laughing so hard that your ears bleed?

Fixed.

QFT. Razz

Great, solid app though. +1
Tea_Time
Tea_Time

http://ssgs.up-your.net/msg.forum?folder=inbox&mode=post&

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Approved, apply to BPN.
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LOBSTER_MOBSTER Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:15 am

AWE why not SSGS Sad

LOBSTER_MOBSTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryphius Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah wtf why don't we get this guy

Gryphius

Back to top Go down

Post by gotseoul Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:04 pm

I bet it's b/c of this guy's comments from last night regarding Border Patrol.
gotseoul
gotseoul

Back to top Go down

Post by thehorn Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:25 pm

ts info 83.169.9.23:9987
thehorn
thehorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 pm

Gryphius wrote:Yeah wtf why don't we get this guy

Calm down, spaz, he's going to main.
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thehorn Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

he needs help with the ts
thehorn
thehorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Gryphius Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:12 pm

He's on right now

Gryphius

Back to top Go down

Post by CoNfuSioN Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:42 am

Gates and I talked in a private chat on TS and I asked if I could go main SSGS, and without any question at all he told me to apply and that he'd approve it.

Despite all the BP vs USMC banter, Gates wants to bear my children. =P

CoNfuSioN

Back to top Go down

Post by Comradenstein Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 am

CoNfuSioN wrote:Gates and I talked in a private chat on TS and I asked if I could go main SSGS, and without any question at all he told me to apply and that he'd approve it.

Despite all the BP vs USMC banter, Gates wants to bear my children. =P

You like this.
Comradenstein
Comradenstein

http://www.averyhayes.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valefar Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Gates wants to bear lots of people's children. True story.
Valefar
Valefar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tearran Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:01 pm

you guys do know that SSGS and BPN are the same. It would be the same difference as him going to SSGS2 lol
Tearran
Tearran

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next