SSGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Your last visit was on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 pm Current date/time is Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm"
Application to join HT EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 7:36 pm by dotMark

» Members - Request forum access here
Application to join HT EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 am by Dustwolfy

» Why though?
Application to join HT EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 12:00 am by lamplight

» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
Application to join HT EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am by Gates

» Joining the Gents
Application to join HT EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
Application to join HT EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» From Men to SSGS
Application to join HT EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
Application to join HT EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
Application to join HT EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Application to join HT

+6
Kaleef
n1ffum
LUCKYPANZER
Valathor
ComradeBrad
NordicRose
10 posters

Go down

Application to join HT Empty Application to join HT

Post by GravyGoodness Fri May 08, 2015 9:07 am

Gentleman Gaming has multiple Divisions, both competitive and Social, which are you Applying for?

HT, Heavy Turret

In Game Account(s):

Gravy Goodness

Previous Clans and how long you spent in each:

BURDY (Deputy Commander for almost 2 years) and RELSH (1 week)I had a few friends move over to RELSH (as well as some already in it) so I was kinda strong-armed into joining them, but they just weren't a good fit for me.

Reasons why you left those groups:

I left RELSH because there is almost all SH battles and not as many active players as I was lead to believe there would be.  BURDY on the other hand has basically petered out in WoT gameplay.  I had hoped that we would move forward after the Commander decided to leave PETCO, however that was not the case.  I am personally at a point where I am trying to advance my gameplay and there just is not enough activity in BURDY to achieve that goal.

Do you know anyone in our Community? If yes, who? 

PrototypePegasus and I have communicated some.  HT in general is a well respected group and I have had interactions with many players in pub matches.

Have you been on our TS previously? 

No

List your Tier 10 vehicles, as well as the AVERAGE damage per battle and Win % for each:

Conqueror GC: 53% in 182 battles, 1600 avg, 5000 max
OBJ 261: 47% in 234 battles, 1500 avg, 4600 max
AMX 50B: 45% in 161 battles, 1500 avg, 4700 max
OBJ 268:  42% in 240 battles, 1700 avg, 4800 max
IS4: 48% in 198 battles, 1600 avg, 6500 max
T57 Heavy: 34% in 76 battles (barf), 1900 avg, 5300 max (I am cursed to fail teams in this tank for some reason, I actually play it well.)
Working on French mediums as well: AMX 30 Prot:  54% in 50 games, 1300 avg, 4700 max

What Class of Tier 10 vehicles do you perform best in?

I like my Heavy Tanks (excellent in supporting role in the 50B), but I seem to play Arty very well in CW.  I am great for support and have a Rain-Man like ability to lead shots based on shell travel time (guess all my Sporting Clays experience IRL translates well into estimating lead on tanks on the move).  Also been improving greatly in mediums and enjoy playing them now.

Please insert an image (not a link) of your WotLabs.net signature (banner with stats): 
Application to join HT Signature

How many days per week can you attend Clan Wars?

3-4 nights a week is no problem.  Weekends are fine as well as long as I have notice so I can schedule my summertime grilling/drinking around your needs.

What time zone do you currently reside in?

Eastern Standard Time, I'm from eastern North Carolina

What makes you want to join Gentleman Gaming?

HT (all of your groups actually) has a fantastic reputation among the WoT community.  Your players conduct themselves in game with a high level of respect for other players (for the most part) and I think there is a lot from them I can learn.  I am trying my best to improve my gameplay and I just need some support from a skillful, active community of tankers.

Do you have Previous Clan Wars experience? If yes, with who and in what role? 

Yes I have with BURDY.  I usually played the AMX50B or Artillery as a player, not a caller.  I've also played the T57 and IS4 quite a bit, but I prefer the mobility of the 50B.  BURDY has had great success in CW until we left PETCO and then we stopped playing.  I do miss CW and look forward to getting back into it.

What are your ambitions as a member? 

I plan on learning from other member of HT.  I am going to become a better WoT player, and an asset to my team.  I also plan on getting on TS and having a good time and making stupid jokes.  I plan on being a member of an active community again.  To be honest, the game itself is only a small part of this.  The community of players enjoying themselves, platooning and cracking jokes is what makes me want to keep playing the game.

Tell us a little bit about yourself. What kind of a person are you? 

I enjoy long walks on the beach at sunset with a glass of Chardonnay....  No, seriously - I have been Plant Superintendent for a major machine and fabrication shop in Eastern North Carolina for the last 12 years.  In my spare time I like to work on my 60 acres of property in the middle of nowhere, I shoot sporting clays, I like to hunt and fish, I love Bourbon.  I know when to be serious, but I love to joke around just as much.  I've got a great attitude, I treat others with respect and I have a good reputation in WoT and in Real life as well.

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?

I would be a dog because I could hump anything I wanted to and get away with it.  Also random butt scratches, treats, and car rides with my head hung out the window is fun.  Until you get hit in the face with a bee at about 65 mph.

One of the Officers in our Community is an idiot. Who do you think it is?

AstroBubba - clearly.  I know a lot of Bubbas and, well, it's self explanatory.

Also, if I may take a moment to explain myself and give you an idea about my intentions:

I'm looking around trying to get into an active WoT clan. I have been Dep Comm of BURDY for almost 2 years now, our Commander has taken a back seat and let the clan fall out of favor in the WoT community - which is OK, BURDY always has been a "social" clan.  I took about a 6 month from the game while I flew planes in WarThunder, but when I wanted to take tanks seriously again, I learned that almost all the BURDY players don't play anymore or went to other clans.  I've been having a rough go of it solopubbing, and I would really like to get back with a good, active group of players.

My recents are not exactly what you are looking for, but I am close. I have several T10 tanks, a lot of which have been beaten to death in offset matches for the rest of the PETCO clans.  Some just seem to be cursed, but that's how it goes.  I have some T9's as well that I am doing very well in such as the AMX30 Prototype, the WZ 111-1-4 and I'm almost at the T54 in the Russian line.

I am hoping that HT would consider accepting someone who is close on stats, and has a strong desire to improve and be an asset to their community. I am in great standing with the WoT community, I am loyal, and I show maturity in game - but I can joke and take jokes with the best of them.  Most of the tanks I have purchased in the last 8 months have 53%+ W/R in them -so I know what I'm doing, I just need some guidance from those more experienced than me.  My biggest downfall with WoT is that I am inconsistent in my play.  I do very well in 65% or so of my games. The other games where I land only 1 or 2 shots of damage and make bad decisions only get holocausted by the entire enemy team really brings down my averages.  I have solopubbed 99% of all my games and I want to change that. I want to listen to players better than me. I am going to be a better player. I want to be a part of an active, well respected community and I would like for HT to be that community. 

I had a conversation with PrototypePegasus this morning.  He is acquainted with me and he said he would vouch for me with the powers that be.  I would love to get on TS and play some games with you and get to know the group.

I appreciate your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

GravyGoodness

Back to top Go down

Application to join HT Empty Re: Application to join HT

Post by NordicRose Fri May 08, 2015 9:43 am

This is by far the most detailed application I'v seen in awhile. 
This guy has a clean posting record and appears to be a genuinely honest fellow.

Although I should have checked his recent, rather than taking his word for it that he was "close". Got that surprise when the WoTlabs sig was posted. 

That being said, I'd still like to see this guy running with us in some way.
NordicRose
NordicRose

Back to top Go down

Post by GravyGoodness Fri May 08, 2015 10:35 am

I appreciate the kind words.  I know I've got the skill to be better, I just need some "direction."

Oh, I forgot to mention - here's a link to my WOTReplays page.  There are a few on there.  You're welcome to watch some and see that I do have some good sense about the game, knowledge of weakspots, mechanics etc.

http://wotreplays.com/uploader/GravyGoodness/id/494952

Thanks again.

GravyGoodness

Back to top Go down

Post by ComradeBrad Fri May 08, 2015 3:21 pm

Nice effort on the app, that's pretty cool.

I will say though, platooning with good players will not magically make you a better player. Assuming you can aim, drive your tank and know the game mechanics; the rest comes down to decision making. Watch an informative streamer like Zeven or Bluestealth on twitch and analyze what they are doing that makes them so effective. Then after each of your battles take 20 seconds to review what you did that was not effective. 

After 10k battles you're past the point where you can expect to get better naturally through experience, you need to drive yourself to be better.
ComradeBrad
ComradeBrad

Back to top Go down

Post by Valathor Fri May 08, 2015 6:45 pm

That is part of the reason i have gotten better. For my first 9k battles i was about a 1000 wn8 player at most, but with watching streams, platooning with good players and if i have an exceptionally bad game that i would even watch the replays sometimes, i now have about 16-1700 recent even with grinding. So it can be done with some effort and patience.    Very Happy

Valathor

Back to top Go down

Post by GravyGoodness Fri May 08, 2015 6:56 pm

ComradeBrad wrote:Nice effort on the app, that's pretty cool.

I will say though, platooning with good players will not magically make you a better player. Assuming you can aim, drive your tank and know the game mechanics; the rest comes down to decision making. Watch an informative streamer like Zeven or Bluestealth on twitch and analyze what they are doing that makes them so effective. Then after each of your battles take 20 seconds to review what you did that was not effective. 

After 10k battles you're past the point where you can expect to get better naturally through experience, you need to drive yourself to be better.

Yeah, my only problem with watching streams is that I would rather be spending that time playing.  And I don't expect to magically get better by platooning, but it will actively put me in the position to make decisions with other players that are more knowledgeable than me.  I can see and react.  One of my biggest problems is knowing when to GTFO.  I want to stay on a flank by myself rather than disengaging and living later in the battle.

GravyGoodness

Back to top Go down

Post by LUCKYPANZER Sat May 09, 2015 7:45 am

The best advice I can give you based on your stats is you are overextending your support groups and not staying alive long enough. If you get into the community hop down into luckys playpen. We always have something going on. We'll try to help you out.

LUCKYPANZER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleef Sat May 09, 2015 5:32 pm

Let him talk to MEN clan 

Hop in TS and we ll go from there
Kaleef
Kaleef

Back to top Go down

Post by n1ffum Sun May 10, 2015 3:06 am

Unfortunately HT will have to decline the application, however we would really like to have you in our community, as Kaleef suggested in the post above me talk to some of the Men officers, getting your foot in the door and platooning with guys in ssgs/BT/HT will go a long way to making you the player that i can see you have the drive to become.
n1ffum
n1ffum

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaleef Sun May 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Hey he platooned with ssgs folks last night he has promise....so gravy hop back in and we ll talk more
Kaleef
Kaleef

Back to top Go down

Post by GravyGoodness Mon May 11, 2015 8:06 am

Good to hear I have promise.  I had a ton of stuff to cook for Mother's Day yesterday so I'll be on looking for you tonight.  Thanks again.

GravyGoodness

Back to top Go down

Post by GravyGoodness Tue May 12, 2015 7:24 am

Just for the record:

I appreciate the invitation to SSGS.  I look forward to playing with an active group of players, I look forward to clan wars again, and I look forward to making a new group of friends.  Thanks guys. 

GravyGoodness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabuto Wed May 13, 2015 6:25 pm

he is making me tear up.

Sabuto

Back to top Go down

Post by shadistic Thu May 14, 2015 2:01 am

He's making the forums tear up, too.

shadistic

Back to top Go down