SSGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Your last visit was on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 pm Current date/time is Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm"
Not really an application EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 7:36 pm by dotMark

» Members - Request forum access here
Not really an application EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 am by Dustwolfy

» Why though?
Not really an application EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 12:00 am by lamplight

» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
Not really an application EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am by Gates

» Joining the Gents
Not really an application EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
Not really an application EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» From Men to SSGS
Not really an application EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
Not really an application EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
Not really an application EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Not really an application

+8
Deadweight
ipunchkittys
Gates
BritishJesus
Valefar
Tsupernami
Lostdeadman
JohnTzimisces
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not really an application Empty Not really an application

Post by JohnTzimisces Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi guys, I'm in charge of a smallish casual clan (affiliated with twcenter) on the NA server, so this isn't really an application. This seemed like a quasi-appropriate place to post this rather than bother somebody who probably doesn't know me in-game, so here goes.

We don't participate in CW, and generally we don't have enough players online at once to seriously consider doing TC, but it would be fair to say most of us, including myself, are interested in improving our performance (not to say we blow, personally my WR is 53% and efficiency is 1260 from playing 6000 public matches). I dropped by your site a few days ago and the whole "welcoming guests" thing in your how-to-apply thread caught my eye, and I was hoping you guys might be interested in playing some games with us, or at the least myself, since I am interested in helping my clan improve itself, maybe to the point where I can give a reason to get people more involved.

I know of SSGS through playing and (derp) smig's youtube. You seem like talented players with a good vibe, and that's why I'm here, and not broadcasting something like this on the wot forums.

This isn't really an app but I filled out part of it anyway for funzies.

In Game Account(s): JohnTzimisces. The forum got mad at me for trying to include a hyperlink to my profile.
Previous Clans: TWC, the one I run right now.
What is the favorite tank you've played and why, as well as a run down of your highest tier vehicle: Favorite: T29. For a while, I really loved the Tiger, since it was nice to have a tier 7 that could reliably hit and penetrate targets at ranges it's contemporaries could not. With the T29 however, I can fucking bounce shots in hull down, and I think I decided I like that more. Highest tiers: Panther II, Tiger II, KV-4 (lol). I used to have a Lorraine, but dropped it after it was boosted to tier 9. I'm debating grinding the IS line at the moment.
If Gates could touch you anywhere, where would you let him touch you: PUT YOUR BUTT INSIDE OF ME
If you could be an animal, what would you be?: Paranthropus Boisei
If Gates calls you in the middle of the night to discuss sexual fantasies, what do you do?: I pick up the phone in confusion, mumbling a quick reply. I listen in dazed confusion for a few minutes, before thinking to myself "how could this be? How is Gates calling me if my phone isn't charged?" A lone bead of sweat drips down my forehead. My lip feels wet; my nose is bleeding. Everything turns to black. I wake up in a tub full of ice.
Previous Clan Wars experience?: nil.
That last question about what I can offer that I accidentally deleted from this post: I run a plastic surgery clinic out of my 4runner's trunk so I could probably spare some coupons.

I haven't run this by the membership nor the site administration yet (not that I think there would be any issue raised by them), so no hard feelings if you guys just aren't interested.

-John

JohnTzimisces

http://www.twcenter.net

Back to top Go down

Not really an application Empty Re: Not really an application

Post by Lostdeadman Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 pm

If you wanted to get something like this across to the officers. It would help getting on TS and actually talking to them. I'm not really sure what you're asking though. Can you explain a bit more?
Lostdeadman
Lostdeadman

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnTzimisces Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Training rooms, the occasional platoon, things of that nature. I can probably pop on TS tomorrow since I'm actually unsure if my headset still works.

And, again, if that kind of thing just seems dumb or a waste of time, no problem. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

JohnTzimisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsupernami Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:17 pm

I think he wants some scrimmages. Seems friendly enough though. Hello.

Edit: He beat me to it.

What is your weekly alcohol consuption?
Tsupernami
Tsupernami

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnTzimisces Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Under ideal circumstances, a 12 pack. I am however a super unemployed archaeologist, so, usually more like a six pack.

JohnTzimisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Lostdeadman Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Doubt it's a waste of time. I'm sure we can think of something when we aren't in the middle of clan wars. Gates is out of town currently so he isn't really able to talk to anyone on ts. If you get on sometime in the next 30 minutes to an hour I'm sure someone would be able to talk to you.
Lostdeadman
Lostdeadman

Back to top Go down

Post by Valefar Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Archaeologist?!

Get on TS and talk with Gates/Ninjas/Massacre, or find one of the field commanders that could also set up some scrimmages/practices (Killswitch, Soul4sale, TofuSmurf). To be honest, anyone should be able to point you towards someone who can help with this.

Then find me and we can talk about archaeology/anthropology/drinking during fieldwork and how, if given the chance, I would tackle Lewis Binford.
Valefar
Valefar

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnTzimisces Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Yup! For whatever reason I have "Interassemblage variability - the Mousterian and the 'functional' argument" by Binford saved in my list of papers I had to read for a course I took in my last semester for my Lithic Technology course (illustration, typology, assemblage interpretation blah blah blah). Is that bad?

Also, I'll hop on TS when I can.

(on a side note, relating to drinking and fieldwork, my first field school was in the republic of armenia, where beer is super god damn cheap, along with tobacco, like a dollar a pack, and so, there was plenty of that...)

JohnTzimisces

Back to top Go down

Post by BritishJesus Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Lostdeadman wrote:Doubt it's a waste of time. I'm sure we can think of something when we aren't in the middle of clan wars. Gates is out of town currently so he isn't really able to talk to anyone on ts. If you get on sometime in the next 30 minutes to an hour I'm sure someone would be able to talk to you.

Tell you what, if you would be willing to drop down to around tier 8, my Third division usually has some people on in the evenings. We could do some scrimmages since we usually have nothing to do. Or we attempt landings and get rofl stomped by second rate clans. We just need more manpower over anything else.
BritishJesus
BritishJesus

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnTzimisces Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 am

BritishJesus wrote:
Lostdeadman wrote:Doubt it's a waste of time. I'm sure we can think of something when we aren't in the middle of clan wars. Gates is out of town currently so he isn't really able to talk to anyone on ts. If you get on sometime in the next 30 minutes to an hour I'm sure someone would be able to talk to you.

Tell you what, if you would be willing to drop down to around tier 8, my Third division usually has some people on in the evenings. We could do some scrimmages since we usually have nothing to do. Or we attempt landings and get rofl stomped by second rate clans. We just need more manpower over anything else.

I can't express how happy I am that I've gotten such a positive response from you guys. Earlier we decided to run a medium company (admittedly, only 4 or 5 of us in the clan were online, and one of us could only muster a B1 of all things as the highest tank he had available) and it was an utter disaster, not at least because because we were fairly disorganized and only a few of us used voice coms (including myself), but because a tactic like swarming KV-1S's or easy 8s, a tactic not really seen in pub matches, pretty much knocked us and those unlucky enough to TC with us to pieces (although we inflicted losses at mines). I'm starting to feel foolish calling myself a decent player when there are such tactics in organized matches. What's the point in knowing when to angle oneself or utilize side scraping when all of a sudden 8 easy 8s are in your face? i was going to edit what i just wrote in retrospect but i am pointlessly inebriated at the time of my editing. MUCH LIKE BINFORD EH EH VALEFAR)

Anyhow, Valefar, what's your archaeological background? I've participated in two field schools, one in the former soviet republic of Armenia (probably neanderthal, I believe the most recent carbon dating from that site was 40kya. Accordingly we found hundreds of artifacts, both obsidian and organic in the course of a MONTH) and the other palaeoindian in connecticut (we didn't find shit, at leastin 2011, but the 2012 field school was significantly more successful)

Oh, and to the drinking question, to elaborate, I've personally stopped drinking as much as of late. I'm trying to quite smoking (for the last month), and drinking is something I've associated with smoking since I started, so, uh, I try not to drink heavily anymore. At least for the last month. From now on it's pretty much electronic cigarettes and it's been shockingly helpful (considering it's really just a nicotinue atomizer. I woulld also like to add that i am incredibly drunk at the time of this post edit)

ahem, I suppose I'd like to add the last time I've used voice coms in an MMO was planetside 1, in at most recent 2006. Those were fucking good years, not that it's likely any of you heard of AQUASHOCK or EXC clans considering how minor we were (if you want details about our activities those years PM me here or on TWCENTER.

JohnTzimisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:01 am

Princess in disguise!
Gates
Gates
Admin

http://ssgs.up-your.net

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnTzimisces Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:22 am

Gates wrote:Princess in disguise!

Like Toad?

edit: in retrospect what the fuck was I saying, that makes no sense in the mario lore I was trying and failing to evoke.

JohnTzimisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsupernami Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:16 am

Princess was a guy that used to be in our clan that wrote a LOT when he posted. Nice guy, but anyway.

Yeah my drinking has slowed on the basis that I don't have the time or the money to do it much any more.
Tsupernami
Tsupernami

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnTzimisces Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:51 am

Tsupernami wrote:Princess was a guy that used to be in our clan that wrote a LOT when he posted. Nice guy, but anyway.

Yeah my drinking has slowed on the basis that I don't have the time or the money to do it much any more.

eh...yeah. I was pretty drunk. Because why not drink on wednesday night.

JohnTzimisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Valefar Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:49 pm

PM'd Smile
Valefar
Valefar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:51 pm

Valefar wrote:PM'd Smile

Did you need to make a post just to let everyone know you're asking him out?
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valefar Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:59 pm

Creeper stalkers like you are the reason I PM'd him, and I wanted him to know to check his PM in cases his notices are disabled (like they are on my browser).

I'm sensing some jealousy in your post, Gatesy-poo.... I'll PM you later from the shower.
Valefar
Valefar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsupernami Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Aww, poor Timmy-bear, let's all PM him with out love.
Tsupernami
Tsupernami

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:35 pm

And then I can just forum ban.

Out of love.
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnTzimisces Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Valefar wrote:Creeper stalkers like you are the reason I PM'd him, and I wanted him to know to check his PM in cases his notices are disabled (like they are on my browser).

I'm sensing some jealousy in your post, Gatesy-poo.... I'll PM you later from the shower.

By all accounts I'm a pretty cheap date.

JohnTzimisces

Back to top Go down

Post by ipunchkittys Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 am

hey Brit 3rd should run some med tank companies with them and/or scrimmage them besides 3rd could definitely use some training too
ipunchkittys
ipunchkittys

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsupernami Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:14 am

Gates wrote:And then I can just forum ban.

Out of love.
Sounds appealing. The love part that is.

Anyway, I heard cheap date?
Tsupernami
Tsupernami

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnTzimisces Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Tsupernami wrote:
Anyway, I heard cheap date?

I am an absolute sucker for compliments.

Anywho, I signed onto TS3 the same night I originally posted, but conjured the wisdom to realize I was far too drunk and it was far too late to actually do anything. I'm hanging around in the lobby at the moment.

Edit: Having spoken with ninjas, I'll send a message to british or ninjas or horn or somebody as soon as I find out when is a good time for us. Thanks guys.

JohnTzimisces

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadweight Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:05 am

Are you affiliated with the Total War Center?
Deadweight
Deadweight

Back to top Go down

Post by W4lt3r Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:24 am

Wait.. THAT TWcenter.net?
I didn't even know you guys played this game.

Does Darth play World of Tanks also?
W4lt3r
W4lt3r

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next