SSGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Your last visit was on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 pm Current date/time is Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm"
Introduction Med8 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 7:36 pm by dotMark

» Members - Request forum access here
Introduction Med8 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 am by Dustwolfy

» Why though?
Introduction Med8 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 12:00 am by lamplight

» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
Introduction Med8 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am by Gates

» Joining the Gents
Introduction Med8 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
Introduction Med8 EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» From Men to SSGS
Introduction Med8 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
Introduction Med8 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
Introduction Med8 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Introduction Med8

5 posters

Go down

Introduction Med8 Empty Introduction Med8

Post by Med8 Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:14 am

Hi. I've been a member of Heavy Turret for a little over week. I've done a few platoon drop in and caught few stronghold battles. Seems to never fail when I'm on TS I get a poke or somebody dropping in channel asking me who I am.... bare with me on this, I'm at work and on my cell phone. Probably going to be an all day typing event.
Like so many other tankers I am a military veteran of 10 years and now work as a civilian for the DOD. I continued in my choosen career field as firefighter currently at Vandenberg AFB, CA. In the last year myself and the family moved from Nashville, Tennessee back to California both taking new jobs. Wife and kids are in the Riverside area within walking distance of her work and the kids school while I'm stuck 4 hours north. For you military guys, kind of treating this like another deployment with visitation rights about every two weeks. I work a 48 hours on shift 48 off shift. About every 2 weeks I get a 3 to 6 day break, which is family time. Hopefully in the near future i'll be able to transfer to Edwards AFB and have the family under one roof again. Anyways so when I'm off work usually on the game for the two days off. Floating between our TS and a few other clans my friends are in.

WOT Skills: The two main Clans I've been in was the 53rd Bomb Squad over 2 years ago. Made a pretty good showing when we got started and was featured in one of the clan spot lights. Are clan leader and 6 others ended getting recruited by Havok and Relic after that CW season and what was left of the clan became a Team Tier 6 Battle Clan. I left shortly after the main guys left to play in the big leagues and the new leadership announced no more CWs.
I think after that I might of went into DICE/Aces for a few days and couldn't stand 90% of clan members at time, so I bailed.
I was practically recruited by STAND right after I dropped Clan Tags where I spent the better half of year. I was quickly promoted to officer due to my day time play schedule, in which I helped manage the TS Server, recruiting of players, and some diplomatic relations when needed. I was one of the originals when STAND could hold its own in North America. I helped start STAND2 along with trying to rejuvenate the 53rd by bringing them in as a 3rd clan. It took several months of hard work but we successfully got all 3 clans on the gobal map before season ended. Shortly after last year's holiday season I ended up taking a last minute short tour deployment, I knew I wasn't going to sign for another enlistment and one more thrill ride with the boys before getting out. Shortly after I returning home, a small vacation, out processing the military, I got my current job offer. So pack up the house, sold everything off, load the car down like the Beverly Hillbillis and head west for LA, looking for that critter they call smog.
Here I am a year later, kicked out STAND, almost everybody that was anybody is in different clans. Havok, PBAK, RUS and few other known clans. STAND is under new management, who said he cleaned house after taking over, the 2nd clan became 50cal? And nobody seems to know we had a third clan or what happened to them.
So with that news I decided start looking for a new clan. I looked around CW Map for some clans I knew. Made a list, circle the ones I had interactions with in the past and low behold the first clan I contacted (HT/SSG) hit me up with in 15 minutes.
I always remember back in the day of coming over on to yall TS and talking to SSG and HT leadership when we all sat together in the North United States around lake Michigan. Everybody seemed super cool, and semi professional, we were all able to trade out a few money makers to get our clans paid. And in the end along with Narwl when all the big clans came back to the main map we ended up making a stand together and holding our lands finishing the season in the top 10 money makers. Which was awesome because I bought a T34 and half of the IS6 with my winnings.

WOT Plans: Looking to add a few more tier 10 tanks. Currently grinding T95, M53 arty, 704, T54 for 62A, and recently over the past 2 weeks ran up the Bat line to unlock the Lorraine. Also unlocked the Comet (7), and the AT15(8). Not sure if I'm going to stick with AT15 after dealing with the T95.
Long term looking to continue to improve my 53.7 win score and 1563 win8, current rating after 10k battles. Now that I finally made it through the AMX series back up to 58 to 60% winrate and 1756 to 1921 win8 based on a daily average of Fridays and yesterday's runs. Hopefully now that I got a good mix of 9s to grind out, I'll continue down that road. So if you got a few 9s your grinding, and need a platoon buddy, hit me up. Dragon has already figured out to send me a PM if I'm not in TS, or platoon invite. Usually will reply one way or the other.

Med8

Back to top Go down

Introduction Med8 Empty Re: Introduction Med8

Post by Lethal-Force Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:38 am

Well rooted person and a desire to improve.

A good addition to HT and the community, and a nice introduction. Smile
Lethal-Force
Lethal-Force

Location : Asheville, NC (When you mix hippies with red necks, along with everything under the sun, you get Asheville)

Back to top Go down

Post by camperboy102 Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:29 am

nice ap
camperboy102
camperboy102

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabuto Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:26 pm

RUN I THINK HE IS NORMAL.....

actually like the app seems like a good guy

Sabuto

Back to top Go down

Post by Med8 Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:09 am

Ha, some what normal. I'm sure once the new wears offs, I start understanding some of the inside jokes, finally get to meet the guy who ran into the parked fire truck, dumb dumb. Hello, big red truck. Forge a few of my own "oh shit" moments, normal will be far from from the truth. I do enjoy running into burning buildings for a living.... And I have already caught myself say, "well this is better than trying to fight fire overseas while being shot at by some towel head who rather watch his hut burn down, than allow an American soldiers risk his life to save everating he ever cherished. "
I did join the HT family is not already crazy enough.

Med8

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicRose Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:52 am

The first inside joke that is CRITICAL to understand is "Mine" If someone says "Mine" you should repeat multiple times and in different tones. 
It's a GentCo tradition to break into "Mine" seagulls whenever we play on Mines or even hear the word mine. Very old tradition from back in the "World domination days."
NordicRose
NordicRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Med8 Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:15 am

Glad to know that hasn't change since I was in STAND. Lol. TOG?
TOG?
TOG! TOG! TOG! TOG! TOG! TOG! TOG! TOG!

Med8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down