SSGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» "Your last visit was on Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:38 pm Current date/time is Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:32 pm"
App for BT EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 7:36 pm by dotMark

» Members - Request forum access here
App for BT EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 5:52 am by Dustwolfy

» Why though?
App for BT EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 12:00 am by lamplight

» OH MAH GERD YOUR TAGS ARE MISSING ON THE FORUMS!
App for BT EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 am by Gates

» Joining the Gents
App for BT EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:13 pm by DMT001

» MEN App
App for BT EmptySun Nov 13, 2016 12:11 pm by DMT001

» From Men to SSGS
App for BT EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm by BINGOBANGLEDANGLE

» App for BT only
App for BT EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:55 am by TEXZ

» Application for HT
App for BT EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:28 pm by Gates

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

App for BT

+9
Approvedd
BINGOBANGLEDANGLE
Valathor
shadistic
Prometheus
too374
n1ffum
RobertViktor68
LostMyMarbles
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

App for BT Empty App for BT

Post by LostMyMarbles Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:42 am

Hello, I'm interested in joining.

Would say more here but I hope the questions answered below help make this intro a bit less awkward.

Gentleman Gaming has multiple Divisions, both competitive and Social, which are you Applying for?

BT

In Game Account(s): Mexorean16

Previous Clans and how long you spent in each:

Only been in one clan (1STCV/1STCA) which I joined within a month of starting this game several years ago.

Reasons why you left those groups:

They became inactive and started breaking up.

Do you know anyone in our Community? If yes, who?

I'm not sure if I know anyone or not. Took a break from playing when my previous clan started breaking up and just got back after upgrading my PC.

Have you been on our TS previously?

Nope, not yet.

List your Tier 10 vehicles, as well as the AVERAGE damage per battle and Win % for each:

Jagdpanzer E 10048.25%2284
IS-450.18%2049
IS-752.25%1926
T57 Heavy Tank50.84%2659
Bat.-Châtillon 25 t48.06%2207
Bat.-Châtillon 155 5860.76%2021
Waffenträger auf E 10042.86%2157
What Class of Tier 10 vehicles do you perform best in?

Heavy and Arty

Please insert an image (not a link) of your WotLabs.net signature (banner with stats):

App for BT Signature

How many days per week can you attend Clan Wars?

3-4 days

What time zone do you currently reside in?

Central

What makes you want to join Gentleman Gaming?

I want to join a fun Clan that can help me improve as a player and I want to know the secret...

Do you have Previous Clan Wars experience? If yes, with who and in what role?

I do have previous CW experience but it is limited. My previous clan had started a CW team and we got land but eventually they changed how CW was run and it became a mess.

What are your ambitions as a member?

To have fun with like-minded people and get better at this game. Would like to do Clan Wars again and interested in doing tournaments.

Tell us a little bit about yourself. What kind of a person are you?

I'm a meathead/nerd who enjoys this game way too much. Just rebuilt my PC so that I can play this game. I also enjoy long walks on the beach (wait am I doing this right?).

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?

Gorilla, so I can give awesome hugs.

One of the Officers in our Community is an idiot. Who do you think it is?

Not sure but I'm curious to find out. If there is a multiple choice answer for this then I pick "C".

Thank you for looking over my app and considering me. See y'all either in-game or on TS.
LostMyMarbles
LostMyMarbles

Back to top Go down

App for BT Empty Re: App for BT

Post by RobertViktor68 Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:47 am

+1
RobertViktor68
RobertViktor68

Back to top Go down

Post by n1ffum Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:34 pm

LostMyMarbles wrote:

One of the Officers in our Community is an idiot. Who do you think it is?

Not sure but I'm curious to find out. If there is a multiple choice answer for this then I pick "C".

yes it is a multiple choice question, the options where

A. Gates
B. Lethal Force
C. Trauburn
D. Norcal

so yes, C is the correct answer. 

Wotlabs seems to be down right now so i cant exactly see your stats. ill get back to your app and pass judgement when it comes back up. other than that everything else looks ok.
n1ffum
n1ffum

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Kids who pick A usually end up teary eyed.

We won't discuss why. Just that it happens.

Applicant joined and left FGTVE within the same day, didn't list it on the app.
Gates
Gates
Admin

http://ssgs.up-your.net

Back to top Go down

Post by too374 Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Right now you don't meet our reqs. I'd like to platoon with you and we'll se where to go from there.

too374

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethal-Force Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:12 pm

Denied for BT.

(this was discussed earlier)
Lethal-Force
Lethal-Force

Location : Asheville, NC (When you mix hippies with red necks, along with everything under the sun, you get Asheville)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:37 pm

Was he offered SSGS or HT?
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethal-Force Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:12 am

Gates wrote:Was he offered SSGS or HT?
yes, then he just disconnected from TS.
Lethal-Force
Lethal-Force

Location : Asheville, NC (When you mix hippies with red necks, along with everything under the sun, you get Asheville)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:44 am

What a dick.
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LostMyMarbles Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:33 pm

Hello, thought I'd answer a few questions.

As for the joining and leaving of that other clan, I had applied to them before finding out about your Clan family at which point I dropped the other clan to see how this application process went. I have seen your clanmates in battle and thought this would be a better fit but now that I see I am being called a dick for doing nothing seems to make me wonder...

I was on teamspeak yesterday for quite a while (hour or so) before I spoke with one of your officers about joining and he told me my stats were not at the level y'all were looking for so I thought I'd explain that part below, I was also in battle when he popped in to speak to me so I was a little zoned in on the match and might have missed some things or may not have seemed into the conversation which I apologize for (it was a close battle). As for leaving teamspeak after speaking with him, he had already left the channel I was in and I had been on for a while so I logged out for food and to walk my dogs.

I had not played this game since upgrading my PC which the stats I have are from playing on my ancient PC: dual-core 3.0GHz, 4GB RAM DDR 800, GeForce GT 430 1GB.

My new PC: 6-core 3.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, GTX 760 2GB DDR5 (about to upgrade again), running on a 256GB SSD.

I had built this PC to play WoT but had not been able to do so because my previous job (Systems Engineer - IT) had me working around the clock but I am self-employed now so that has allowed me to enjoy this new PC.

Having not played in a while I saw all these new tank lines and there is that Tier 6 challenge so I jumped right into grinding the new lines and playing my T6s. In hindsight that was not the best move before applying here as that killed my stats. Since speaking with that officer on TS I have been playing my regular tanks and I'm averaging 2800+ WN8. Wotlabs should reflect this in the next few days.

My stats as they are are from mainly solo play, about 97-98% but I enjoy platooning more then solo but my last clan as previously stated was dying out and it was hard to platoon up when I was the only one online.

As for my T10s, I have another 5 unlocked but not enough credits to buy them. They are: T110E5, T110E4, T-62A, Obj. 140, Obj. 261.

My T10s damage may look low but please take in account that those were played off an old PC which I was averaging about 15-20fps (new fps is 55-60fps at max settings).

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask or if you wish to make more rude comments, that's cool too.

Peace
LostMyMarbles
LostMyMarbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Well, he's persistent at least.
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethal-Force Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Still a no for BT, if you can get your stats up to our level, then by all means of course you can join. Until then, its a no. We maintain as much as possible a strict recruitment standard.

I recommend another part of the community until then.
Lethal-Force
Lethal-Force

Back to top Go down

Post by LostMyMarbles Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:24 pm

I'm a bit confused, what is your level? If playing at 2500+ with an average of 2800 is not good enough. Like I stated I was playing low tiers which ate up my WN8 and I didn't think about that before applying.

Been playing my normal tiers and usually getting 3k+ WN8 a match with a few random matches where there is not much I can do thanks to the awesomeness of pub teams lol.

*edit to add

By the way I never said I was not interested in joining one of your other Clans but as of right now I can't do anything for a few days. Having just left that one clan caused me to be locked out of applying for a few days. Much has changed it seems on WoT but for the better, I hope.

If I had to pick, I'd choose MEN as they are your tournament branch which is something I'm also interested in doing if I can't make it into BT.

I just thought I'd continue to do Q&A here until my lock out is over; to get to know y'all a little better and so y'all can get to know me. This is after all an interview is it not?

Anywho, it won't be until Saturday when I can apply again.
LostMyMarbles
LostMyMarbles

Back to top Go down

Post by too374 Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:41 pm

Like I said platoon with me when I get back sunday the tanks you have been playing are valued too highly too accurately reflect wn8 but you are overstating what your stats show us.

Also can people not be so iron fisted about everything, my god.

too374

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethal-Force Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:06 pm

LostMyMarbles wrote:I'm a bit confused, what is your level? If playing at 2500+ with an average of 2800 is not good enough. Like I stated I was playing low tiers which ate up my WN8 and I didn't think about that before applying.

Your not 2500

App for BT 629f46a9c3750a01815ccecab7026ace
Lethal-Force
Lethal-Force

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:25 pm

LostMyMarbles wrote:I'm a bit confused, what is your level? If playing at 2500+ with an average of 2800 is not good enough. Like I stated I was playing low tiers which ate up my WN8 and I didn't think about that before applying.

Been playing my normal tiers and usually getting 3k+ WN8 a match with a few random matches where there is not much I can do thanks to the awesomeness of pub teams lol.
You're recent is only 1900 for the last 60 days. The 3k WN8 per match brings it up, but at a slow pace, just like your overall.

You need to gain more average dmg in your 10's (that could take time too depending on how many battles you have in them)

And you're recent needs about 600 more, and you're golden.

it's going to take some time to bring that up. a few good games won't reflect a big difference at all. it could take a couple months depending on your activity and your play.

Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by shadistic Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:30 am

Applicant did not lose his marbles over being called a dick by Gates.
Promising.

shadistic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lethal-Force Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:12 pm

shadistic wrote:Applicant did not lose his marbles over being called a dick by Gates.
Promising.
10/10
Lethal-Force
Lethal-Force

Back to top Go down

Post by CenturionofRome72 Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:12 pm

Im not seeing this 2800 anywhere, not just in the recent statistic. App for BT GR78nkJ
CenturionofRome72
CenturionofRome72

Back to top Go down

Post by Gates Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:26 pm

shadistic wrote:Applicant did not lose his marbles over being called a dick by Gates.
Promising.
How the fuck is THAT promising? If that was a requirement, most of BT and some of SSGS wouldn't have gotten in.
Gates
Gates
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Approvedd Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:37 pm

Gates wrote:
Promising.
How the fuck is THAT promising? If that was a requirement, most of BT and some of SSGS wouldn't have gotten in.
He's going above and beyond the requirements bruh. +50
Approvedd
Approvedd

Back to top Go down

Post by LostMyMarbles Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Lol Lethal, you are reading to much into my post while at the same time not enough. But I understand where all y'all are coming from and I respect that. But know this, I do not lie; that is not my style so when I say I'm playing at a 2500+ level then that means I'm playing at a 2500+ level.

After my second post is when I started playing my regular tiers and got my 24-hour to 2300 with my 7 day at 2250, but after not seeing any replies after my 3rd post I decided to go back to grinding the new tanks lines. If you look at my stats you'll see that I play every tank; rarely skipping a tank and when I play a tank I badge it. The only tanks that aren't badged are the ones I had played when I first started this game and I didn't want to waste credits rebuying them just to badge them (yet).

The reasons I want to join this Clan family is because it reminds me of my previous Clan, 1st Cav. If anyone remembers them you'll know they use to have the best signature and we use to post help videos on YouTube in the early days. I want to join another Clan like that which is why I came here. I'm not coming here for gold or tanks, I have plenty of both and I don't mind adding more gold to this game as it is something I enjoy doing. I'm not joining so that I can platoon up with people to help carry me or pad my stats, I'm able to do that by myself as my stats show and as I stated before I have mainly soloed my way to where I am. I didn't really get into this game until after about 5k of battles with a 46% W/R and I pulled that up to where I am now from soloing in pub matches. Which many of you know is a near impossible thing to do with all those "uber" tankers out there in pubs (read the "platooning up" topic on the main WoT forums to see the numbers).

I'm wanting to join because this Clan family is similar to what I was in and I've seen how your clanmates act in battle and I want to be a part of that.

Since my current WN8 is a bit skewed with me grinding the new tanks lines. I'll stop playing so that my 24-hour resets to zero which should be by Sunday. That way I can then platoon up with several of y'all so you can see for yourself whether I make the cut or not. Also it'll give a better picture of my skill level as my current WN8 has a lot of low tier battles that were not so pretty thanks to "uber" teams getting wiped within 1 minute of the match (at a loss how people think being a lemming is smart). Damn you Lemmiwinks!

Does that sound like a fair compromise? That way if I don't make it into BT, I'll accept joining into one of your other fine branches.
LostMyMarbles
LostMyMarbles

Back to top Go down

Post by lamplight Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Look, dude, I don't think you understand. You're just not good enough for BT right now.

Your Recent Wn8 is 1955,
Your Tier 10 Wn8 is 1810, 
Your overall Wn8 is 1672, 
Your 60 Day Wn8 is 1987, 
Your 7-day Wn8 is 2079,
Your Past 24 hours Wn8 is 1697. 

Excuses aside, I don't understand what other Statistic we could possibly look at to indicate that you do, in fact, play at a '2500 Wn8' level. 

So tl;dr, you're not getting into BT right now. With that said, you do meet all of HT, SSGS & MEN's Requirements and they're all great places to go. If you want to be a part of the community, that's brilliant and we certainly have the Clans to make that happen, just you're not getting into BT right now and that's the bottom line.
lamplight
lamplight

Back to top Go down

Post by CenturionofRome72 Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:54 pm

lamplight wrote:Look, dude, I don't think you understand. You're just not good enough for BT right now.

Your Recent Wn8 is 1955,
Your Tier 10 Wn8 is 1810, 
Your overall Wn8 is 1672, 
Your 60 Day Wn8 is 1987, 
Your 7-day Wn8 is 2079,
Your Past 24 hours Wn8 is 1697. 
App for BT GR78nkJ
CenturionofRome72
CenturionofRome72

Back to top Go down

Post by Approvedd Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:00 am